Monday, 28 March 2011

A quick post....

Just to show you what I've been up to inbetween doing commission work, rugby, home decorating and general life stuff...

I've been having a bit of a play with making some Tatty Button 'Bags for Life' lightweight cotton canvas shopping bags. The bags have been transfer printed with the original Tatty Button pencil sketch. I'm really pleased how it turned out and now thinking that some further dimensional embellishments may be called for.....real wood buttons and a bag charm perhaps?
They've had a fair bit of positive feedback from friends and family.


This is the original artwork (below) that the image was taken from....with additional Tatty button flowers added.


As many of you are aware, this is one of a range of images that have been adapted and made into craft rubber stamps, and an interactive cd (with colour images), by Creative Expressions and they can be purchased from a number of Craft and Art retail stores.

7 comments:

  1. I can never resist a bag - and yours is so pretty with the print on it! I want one!!! LOL

    I got my copy of Craft Stamper today and see there is a full page advert on the inside front cover for 'The World of Tatty Button' - and a slot on Create and Craft TV this week!! Looking good Ange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry. Is that the May issue of CS? I take it you have it on sub as it's not ava in shops until 1st April...so I'll have to wait a few more days. There was a small piece in the April issue with a stamp giveaway but didn't realise it was in the May one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i just love it !!!! I have had the pleasure of making some sample cards of Tatty for Nigel from Card Creations Plus.I really love Tatty your images are amazing.

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag Ange - gotta have one of those too.... sent Maureen on a shopping expo to the NEC last week - she got me Tatty stamps - have yet to see her to get them from her - they'd better not be worn out by the time she hands them over! LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so I'm last to the party as usual. Being a crafter of very little brain, I've only just put Tatty Button and Agnes the Red from DC together (actually CarolV told me at a DC Midlands meet on Saturday)!! Just wanted to say how fabulous she is. I was at the NEC on Sunday and they'd sold out of the stamps I wanted of Tatty (after seeing Viv's post above I'm blaming Maureen, lol).

    I'm a fan, and the bag looks superb!

    Lisa (Sparkle) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol V told me too - and I will be telling everyone I know - Tatty is gorgeous I love the bag too well done ange (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag Ange, Viv told me about it but can't find it, by the way the c.d. is just great, luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete